Friday, February 22, 2008

"Yay, It's Shake Friday!!!"

That's all the first email that I received from Ben today said. It's made me smile all day. I love his goofy sense of humor. He says that the opportunity to eat a lot and not very healthy over there is way too tempting so he has enacted 'Shake Friday' and for a sense of camaraderie we are holding the same tradition here. So today when Jacob got home from school, we loaded up the car and headed to Burger King. Kat even seemed to think that this was going to be a good tradition...she was sucking down on my shake! LOL!

I have several projects that I need to share, but the debate right now is which ones to share. I think that I just share my layout today. This is a layout that I created for the Create My Keepsake Guest Design Team contest for this month. The requirements were that it had to have a spring break, easter, or time-change theme, have 2 journaling blocks, use 2 or more photos, and that you had to use felt and buttons on it.

This is what I came up with...It's definitely not going to get me a guest DT spot, but I am okay with that. It's not a brilliant layout, but it will do. I can't fall in love with everything that I create and I am okay with that. :)
Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper- American Crafts
Stamp- Unity Stamp Company (Beautiful Morning); 7gypsies (Journaling block); Autumn Leaves (Journaling Block)
Felt trim- Queen&Co
Bracket Die Cuts- Making Memories
Glitter Rub-ons- K&Company
stickers- Making Memories
I hope that you have fun things planned for the weekend!
smiles,
christi

13 comments:

Alison Bryant said...

Hey, I think that I need to enact "Shake Friday" here, too --purely in support of you all, of course. =)

I really like the journaling blocks you used. They remind of old postcards, which I love.

Beckie said...

Love the black swirls and the way you have used different sized photos!

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi Christi, you are way too hard on yourself. I love the look of the layout.
Alison

Amy said...

Ice cream is always a good idea..and I love the layout..I am loving that Queen and Co. felt, I can't get enough of it

Lisa said...

I love the layout! I've used the felt, but I really like the buttons you included.

dianna said...

I always LOVE the way you use your embellishments*!*

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to have to celebrate Shake Friday too now. I just wish we had a Burger King to get that great chocolate shake they have.

I do not think this layout is that bad. The colors are great (red, brown, black and blue go very well together). The green is nice, but does the word "break" show up a little better in real life? It's a nice layout.

On another note, and I'm not trying to insult anyone, but I've always thought of cardmaking as a kind of Mister Potato Head for grown women. You can put whatever you want anywhere you want it, and it works. Your layouts always look good. :-)

Anonymous said...

Okay, my wife said my last comment does sound a little insulting (which was not intended), so I'll clarify with a better analogy.

Scrapbookers are like quilters because you take a scrap here and an element there and you put them together into this really cool looking thing.

Is that better?

Cindy Gilchrist said...

Wow! Love the LO Christi!! Hope you enjoyed Shake Friday - sounds like a tradtion I need to follow too - LOL!!!

Carolyn said...

Cute layouts!!

Love the "Shake Friday" idea, but I think we have been doing it for some time now, but just called it dinner. LOL

I really do hope you have a picture of Kat and the straw, that would be so cute to see.

Theresa said...

nice that you can do something "together" whilst so far apart, what a good support team Ben has!!!
I love that LO, would never be able to do something like that myself and get it to come out looking so great.
And....good save Dave!!!

Christi said...

LOL, Dave! Not sure how to respond. Thanks...I think?!? :D

Unity Stamp Company said...

Love the layouts! BEAUTIFUL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails