Friday, February 15, 2008

Finally Friday...



This week has seemed so long. I am sure that it is because we have had so much upheaval in our lives this week, but I have to say that I am happy that it is finally Friday. Jacob is thrilled too. Tonight he has a lock-in at the school...not an event I would want to chaperone...a bunch of 7th-9th graders all night. LOL...it sounds like a migraine in the making to me, but that is why I am not a teacher. I am sure that he will have a fun time!!!

I have a couple of projects to share. PaperTrey Ink has a contest every month using their new sets. Last month I decided to enter and although I didn't win, I really love these projects. This first one is a card and I based the design of it off of Creative Prompt #26.

Supplies used:
*PaperTrey Ink Out On a Limb stamp set
*K&Company Smitten papers
*K&Company Marcella glitter
*buttons
*pink, natural, and brown cardstock
*pink and brown inkpads



This second project uses photos, that if you have been around for awhile, then you have seen them before, but they matched what I wanted to do and they were already printed so it worked. This stamp set was entirely words, the Mixed Messages stamp set so I was working with limited design elements here.


Supplies used:
*Amy Butler paper
*PaperTrey Ink Mixed Messages stamp set
*Bazzill cardstock and scalloped cardstock
*Heidi Swapp bling
*Marvy Uchida scallop punches
*brown inkpad
*buttons
*ribbon




I will be back later today or tomorrow with a button tutorial. Alison Gibbs had asked me how I attach my buttons and while there is nothing too exciting about my technique, there is definitely a set method on how I do it...and it might help someone out there.
smiles,
christi

15 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Beautiful projects, Christi!!
And look at Kat sitting up :0)

My prayers and thoughts are with your family and husband right now, too. Hoping for a quick return :0)

Diane Doran said...

I love that pink card - what a wonderful layout!

dianna said...

I think these are my all time favorites*!*
They are both SO beautiful Christi.

I need the answer to Alison's ? too!

Kelsey said...

Great projects!! I love the one where you used photos.

Also, I'm thinking of you and your family! Hope time speeds up and your husband is home soon! Tell him Thank you for his service and thank you for supporting him! :)

jo said...

Hi Christi. I know it's late but I just wanted to give you a huge hug.
Love all your work, as usual! xx

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi Christi, Hope Jacob had fun at the lockin!
Love the pink card, so pretty.
The layout of Kat is so cute and the papers and colour wonderful.
Look forward to the button tutorial.
Thanks Alison

Nancy said...

cute card, cute layouts. OOO Jacob will have so much fun being locked in for a night. But he is going to be tired when he gets home.

Alison Bryant said...

The stamps used for the card have a great font. Love the color scheme on the layout!

Amy said...

I'm very curious about your "button" method..hmmmm...Love that card, I am so partial to pink and brown together...and the layout, I love the way you used the words as stems for the button flowers so cool!

scrappa jack said...

Fantastic card. The lo is simply devine.

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hi Christi,
Happy belated Valentine's Day!
Lovely card and LO!
Will pray for hubby and hope the time passes quickly!
Blessings,
Sandy :)

Niki Estes said...

Love the pink and brown card and the scrapbook page. I really like how you used the words as the stems!

Jennifer Kirk said...

Ohhhh, beautiful projects, both of them! I love that layout! I like how you used a lot of tiny pictures instead of one big one. And they look so great with that paper and the embellishments. Just love it :)

Rita said...

Great card & layout -- so darn pretty! I see that the LO was the layout of the day at CMK last week (or this past weekend??). Way to go!

Hope Jacob is feeling better and that you all had a peaceful weekend.

Theresa said...

Oh my, I really am behind. More lovely stuff that I want to scraplift. You are my complete source of inspiration lately!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails