Saturday, April 07, 2007

Some new layouts...

Hi, all!
I am thrilled to say that I finished a couple of layouts yesterday...

This was my first. The photos are from the gardens at Colonial Willimsburg. Ever since I found out that we were having a girl, I have been allowing myself to buy scrapbook papers that are very pink and girly. I was thrilled to be able to use some of them on this layout. The papers are Fancy Pants and the stamps are Rhonna Farrer's.


Every month over at the Cottage, Angie posts a series of challenges. The product challenge for this month was to use: 2 patterned papers, ghost letters, chipboard, bling, and a transparency. Linda took it up a notch by challenging us to do one of Angie's challenges using the word "look" somewhere on this page. When I thought about this photo from Busch Gardens, I knew that it would be perfect. I was going for a freestyle, messy look on this, but I am not too sure I did anything but the messy part.

The journaling says: "I saw this saying and knew that I needed Jacob to pose. I told him to look tortured- I think that he nailed it. LOL!"

It is still very early on Saturday morning and I feel my creative muse buzzing so I am off to go play in my scraproom. Today is the day that I finish Kat's mobile. There was a glimpse of its beginning in my crochet post so hopefully tomorrow I will be able to show you its finishing. I am also halfway done making DS an old-time haversack (like was part of his costume from Colonial Williamsburg), but we need to make a quick jaunt to town before we can finish it up so that is on the agenda too. Not too sure what else will be created but I am sure that it will involve patterned papers. :)
Happy Saturday!
smiles,
christi

4 comments:

Laurie and Chris said...

I love both layouts. I really love the layout from the gardens. I think it looks great.

Colors of Me said...

You layouts are awesome as usual!!! You have such a creative spark! And that photo of you that your son took!! You look so cute :) The flowers are gorgeous - I can't wait for spring here to get here!

Mary Jo said...

You are so good scrapping those photos already!!
I am in awe :)

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Beautiful LO's!
Hope you and your family had a great Easter!
Gonna have to paint that purple flower on something.

Related Posts with Thumbnails