Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Hip Hop Haunting...

It's a Hauntingly Happy Hip-Hop Day!!!
Don't you love the new Unity Stamp Co. Halloween kit? I know that I am in love with that little candycorn tree! I just wish that I could find some candycorn right now to use it with... Maybe in another month or so...

So today, I just had to settle for playing with my normal papercrafts. First up, is a card that I started out making using yesterday's SCS sketch. It diverged a bit off the original design, but I really like the way that it turned out.
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Halloween Tree
*Scenic Route paper collection
*Martha Stewart border punch
*brads
*ribbon
*white uniball signo pen
*StazOn Jet black inkpad
*****
My second project is a layout. The photos were taken during October last year and there are pumpkins in the background and Kat is wearing a definite Halloween shirt, but I didn't want the layout to be about Halloween. The stamps are a good complement for the layout (I think anyway) for adding in a bit of that Halloween element without it being an in-your-face-Halloween layout.
Supplies Used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Frame This Alpha
*Unity Stamp Co. Halloween Tree
*Basic Grey paper (navy blue)
*Fancy Pants paper (orange, light blue and spotty)
*Cosmo Cricket paper (yellow)
*Lily Bee paper (background)
*Fiskars border punch
*buttons
*******
My final project is another card. This was the first card that I created with this kit as soon as I received it. It's very simple, but I think that the design works really well.

Supplies used
*Unity Stamp Co. Halloween Tree
*PinkPaislee paper (black)
*paper (orange)
*ribbon
*watercolor pencils
*StazOn Jet Black inkpad
*brads
*******

Now you need to hop on over to...

34 comments:

Lisa H. said...

cute stuff, girlie! and OMG that orange polka dotted ribbon is gorgeous!!!! tfs!

Angie Blom said...

Fantastic,love the cards and the layout, sweet indeed.

Purple Princess said...

Super cute cards and layout! Adorable blue eyed girl!!

Suz said...

Great projects Christi. I love the way you used the tree in so many different ways

JessicaK said...

The LO is cuuuuuute! And I love the simple orange/black combo on the 3rd card. Sweet.

JazzyH said...

Great! I love the decorations.

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

Cute stuff as always Christi!!! tfs

slbt17 said...

love your projects - that layout is just too sweet!
Sandra

Eva said...

Beautiful creations Christi. I am loving that tree!!!

Mom said...

I can't believe how much Kat has grown since last Oct!

FibreJunky said...

It definitely works. And the layout with Kat is adorable! (of course it is...it has Kat in it)

Karen J. said...

Beautiful layout and cards. Love how you incorporated the stamps on your layout..and how it doesn't scream the norm of Halloween. Also, those blue eyes of Kat are beautiful!!

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Aww! Your scrapbook page is so sweet!

marcy h ~~ mi said...

Great cards & layout is beautiful...

Enjoy your day~~

Jacqueline said...

Love your cards and the layout is beautiful!!

Jenn said...

Great projects, they are all fab

StampinCathy said...

Wow this is some major MOJO projects here. I just love your creative style and you always inspiring me.

chickadee3357 said...

Super cute layout!!! Great stuff.

Jennine Chambers said...

Great stuff!! Love it all!

whoistracy said...

Love the simple colors on the last card- everything just POPS.

Tina Mayo said...

love the way you cut into rectangles..cute cute!!

Ari Vega-Macias said...

sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....that last card is AWESOME! and i LOVE your page as usual:)

Tracey said...

I love both of your cards and that layout is just adorable!!

Joann said...

Fab stuff!!

Sandra Korten said...

I love the cards and what a cute LO!
Sandra :-)

Katherine S said...

I love all the projects. I just got my star stamp set in the mail today and I can't wait to try it out! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

Wow very bright and full and very eye catch. I think you card are beautifu!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super awesome projects!! tfs!!

Kelly Mahany said...

Three of my faves this blog hop!! I love them all! I am really starting to wear and will likely get that set before the night is over!! LOL!

Tamdsgns said...

love your cards and your adorabe page!

CarlaKH said...

simply adorable- love esp how you pieced/cropped the tree

CarlaKH said...

simply adorable- love esp how you pieced/cropped the tree

JPScraps said...

Awesome projects!

Related Posts with Thumbnails