Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Shivering in the Midwest...

Brrrrr! It is cold...and icy....and snowy! Yesterday our high was 17...today it looks like it is going to be about 20. I am not sure that I am built to survive the Midwest and wishing that the snow fairies would come and de-ice my car...or at least go grocery shopping for me. ;o)


I have a few things (very few...LOL!) to share with you today, but first things first...
HaPpY BiRtHdAy, KaRa!!!!!
I hope that you have had a fabulous day!!!




And now a little art to share with you...this is a card based upon Amber's sketch this week over on the SCS forum. I am so glad that she is back with us and immediately got back to her sketches after her ankle surgery. I love the style of them (in fact, I love them so much I have made another project using this sketch, but you won't get to see it until hip-hop on Thursday.)

I used several different stamps on this card. The little owl journaling block is from the Our Lives, Our stories kit. The little tree branch is a cute little stamp that I just got in. It's one of those stamps (Princess floweret) that I have had in my cart at least 4 times before I finally broke down and bought it...I am so glad that I did...it's so cute! And finally the Whateva is from this month's kit of the month, Little Reminders... such a fun stamp!

For the center of each of the little flowers, I added a bit of orange glitter detail. The stamps are watercolored using my watercolor pencils and then I added a bit of white highlight with my white pen.

Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Little Reminders
*Unity Stamp Co. Our Lives, Our Stories
*Unity Stamp Co. Princess Floweret
*Daisy bucket paper (orange)
*SEI paper (turquoise floral)
*Bazzill
*watercolor pencils
*orange glitter
*Memories brown inkpad
*ribbon

I do have a couple of other projects in the works right now that I should be able to show you soon, but quite honestly, this is where I am trying to concentrate my time...I have got to get these Christmas cards finished!!!



4 comments:

Amber Hight said...

Oooo, I just love what you did with the sketch girl! You are so awesome at combing stamp sets! Look at you go, you did FABULOUS! I'm so glad you like my sketches, I'm gonna keep it up, JUST FOR YOU:)

Amy said...

I love how that card turned out...and you are rocking out the Christmas cards! Can't wait to see what you do for Hip Hop tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Christi! :)

Karen said...

Good luck on those Christmas cards...I'm still working on mine too!! Love the 'whateva' card!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails