Friday, June 22, 2007

An update from the Snow household...

Summer is in full-swing around here...

Jacob finished up the school year by making the A-B Honor roll for the second time and getting some huge end-of-the-year (make mom proud) awards. I am soooooo proud of him this year!!!! School does NOT come easy for him, but he has worked so had at it this year and it has really shown!!! He has even been accepted into a program for next year that he knows is really going to challenge him, but he is so excited.

Since the last time I blogged, we have hit a couple of milestones around here.

Kat has passed her 1 month old mark and is already getting so big! Last week, she was weghing 9 1/2 lbs.

The hospital lost her newborn blood tests so we had to go re-do those and when we did, they showed some elevated thyroid levels. We go back again this week to see if this still holds true. The Dr. also heard a slight heart murmur. Neither of these are things that a parent wants to hear, but she is continuing to grow and develop everyday so I take that as a huge, positive sign.

She has taken to catnapping during the day which means that I don't have any free time to craft or clean. As a result, I have missed a couple of DT calls that I'd hoped to try out for. While I am sad about that, I can't stay too disappointed because I never thought at this point in my life that I would get to spend my days cuddling with a baby and there is simply nothing more rewarding than that. And while she isn't too settled during the day, the nights are fantastic! She is only getting up once or twice a night and then she eats and goes right back to sleep.

Ben and I also had our 15 year anniversary this week. I can honestly say that our relationship has become better and better and more romantic with each passing year. He is such a great guy. You know, he never goes to WalMart without buying me a bouquet of fresh flowers.

He recently had to say farewell to a wonderful secretary and had gone up to Raleigh to buy her a nice bracelet as a farewell gift. He came home with a beautiful necklace for me too saying that he couldn't buy jewelry for another woman without getting me some too. What I didn't know is that he also bought a second piece that he gave to me for our anniversary. They are both gorgeous pieces!! I am definitely spoiled, but it is not just the things...

He left town yesterday on his motorcycle and to get the bike out, my car had to be moved over where it makes it a bit more difficult to get in the driver's side. So when he moved my car, he backed it out and turned it around so the driver's side would be the accessible one. You know, it is just those little personal things that build up the romance in a relationship... I am very lucky!!!

And just because I haven't shared in a while, here are some recent photos of Little Bit for the family. After yesterday's photo session, I am thinking that she may be headed towards the redhead that the rest of the grandkids have....




7 comments:

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Most definitely an angel.

Alisa Stieg said...

Yeah, when I saw the pic of her snuggling with dad over the weekend, I thought..."hmmm...looks like some reddish tones there!" LOL! How funny! She is precious! I know you are having a ball!!!

Lisa

Rita said...

Happy belated Anniversary -- I am so glad you have a wonderful husband! (As he is very lucky to have you too!) And Kat is looking as sweet as ever -- enjoy that snuggle time! And also -- woo hoo Jacob! You should be very proud!

jo said...

Aw she is adorable Christi!! Congrats to Jacob on doing so well at school and huge congrats to you on your anniversary. xx

Anonymous said...

she is so lovely christi!!!! i just want to give her a big cuddle! Cherish every little big, they grow too fast (as you well know!)
XO

Sandy McTier Designs said...

She is gorgeous like her momma!
Have a great week.

Heather said...

Happy belated anniversary. Nice to hear the romance is still alive!

Great that Kat's already a good sleeper at night (when it really counts!). :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails