Sunday, May 06, 2007

Cybercrop....Christi Style!

This week is a week-long cybercrop over at the Cottage and today is my day to host. That means that I will be posting challenges every 2 hours for a total of 7 challenges. I hope that you will come join us in the fun! Here is the first...

Challenge #1:
Welcome to Day 2 of the Lucky 7 cybercrop!!! Today I will be posting challenges every 2 hours starting at 8:00 am EST until 8:00 pm EST for a total of 7 challenges. If you get bored between my challenges and didn’t get to check out the board yesterday, Linda has some fantastic challenges that you can still create!!

Now on to our first challenge of the morning. Most of you know that I am all about finding inspiration wherever I can and many times that comes from home décor magazines. This first challenge is a color challenge brought to you from the Spring 2007 issue of 100 Decorating Ideas Under $100.

Your challenge is to use this color scheme in a layout. I have attached the coordinating Bazzill swatches at the top so that the colors are clear. The color of the bed is navy blue, but I love the dark chocolate brown of the dog with these colors too.

Be sure to come back here and give us a link when you have uploaded your creation.

BTW, another inspiration hint, whenever you go to magazines for color inspiration, look to the fonts and the mixes of colors that they will use on these throughout a page. You can find some wonderful new color schemes this way. I noticed that the latest Memory Makers magazine has a fun color scheme with the fonts on the cover.

Happy Creating!

Here is my interpretation of this first challenge:

Challenge 2 will be up in a couple of hours...
smiles,
christi

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails