Sunday, December 06, 2009

My first Limelight Papercrafts Project Day!!!

This month was my first time getting to play along with the Limelight Papercraft Chicks for their project-day. The theme this month was calendars or count-down projects.

Fine, no problem...
I make my own calendar journals ALL the time, but that just didn't seem like enough...
So then I started to stress.

I haven't been doing a whole lot of projects and this is my first month so it should be something good, right?

I played with a couple of ideas...even started them and then discarded them, but nothing seemed just right so I was wandering the aisles of WalMart trying to come up with an alter-able idea for the calendar and then I spotted it...
a 17" square corkboard ($6.89) and this project was born...

{click on the photos to see the details better}
This project has evolved over the last week. I knew that I wanted to do some stamping on it (EVERY project NEEDS stamping!) so I started there with the branch stamp across the bottom and then felt the need for some damask to create the look/feel that I enjoy (a bit of French country.) The heart stamp is from the Unity store kom from November, Believe in Fairytales, and the damask stamp is actually a Christmas stamp, Tree of Elegance. I stamped both onto the corkboard using StazOn.
Then the project sat for a couple of days because I didn't know where to go from there so I went to my inspiration notebook and saw this project by Melissa Phillips which totally inspired the rest of the project.

Almost all the products on here are from holiday lines, but they work so perfectly for a non-holiday project. The papers are all from Pink Paislee's Halloween and Christmas line...

The thought behind this board is that it is an inspiration/project board for my DT work and for magazine submissions. The corkboard will allow me to tack on pieces to inspire me while the calendar aspect should keep me on task for what I need to get done and when. An extra bonus to this board is that it is also magnetic. I plan to hang it on my wall of my stamp room by my door so that I have to pass by it every day.

The calendar is simply a printable version that I found online after doing a google search and I shrunk it to fit the size that I wanted it to be. I debated a ton of different ways to hang it and am still thinking that I may replace the hangar with a ribbon threaded through some punched holes, but I was running out of daylight for photos so this was the best for today.

Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Believe in Fairytales
*Unity Stamp Co. Tree of Elegance
*Pink Paislee Mistletoe & Co- North Pole paper (blue and cream used on banner)
*Pink Paislee Twilight- Eclipse (background behind calendar)
*StazOn Jet Black inkpad
*buttons
*Fiskars border punch
*lace trim
*cabinet door knob
*corkboard
*ribbon


Be sure to check out what the rest of the Limelight team has done with this challenge:

Then be sure to go check out the Limelight Papercrafts store, because Mandy has some awesome deals going this week...including some of those PinkPaislee products that I used on my project....
On sale through Wednesday , 12/10:
  • All Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses, Nook & Pantry, and Wassail - 15% off!
  • All Pink Paislee Mistletoe & Co. - 20% off!
  • Open Stock Jillibean Soup 12x12 patterned papers - Buy 3, Get 1 Free!

10 comments:

Mandy said...

This is absolutely STUNNING! I love all the mix of products! :)

Lisa H. said...

oh, Christi!!! this so cool, can I have it? lol! love the images you used, the color scheme, the whole thing!

Amy said...

You kill me...seriously...I'm dying right now...that is beautiful!

Julie said...

This is absolutely fantastic....great job!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Seriously amazing Christi!

Lisa A.

JenMarie said...

Absolutely FABulous!!

Anonymous said...

Totally knocked it out of the park!

Sherry Campbell said...

Holy cow- this is totally fantastic Christi! What do I have to do to get you to send it to me? I mean, I have already decided to be your friend forever so that won't work......hmmm..... just let me know because I totally want that board! :)

Scrapacat said...

WOW! I may "borrow" your idea. This is terrific! I especially appreciate that you shared the process. My projects often follow a similar path (nice to know I'm not alone there!).
~ky

Jen :) said...

Inspiring and functional - what more could a girl ask for?

Related Posts with Thumbnails